Monday, March 28, 2011

new blogs hooray

Of course, because this blog just started, I'm not really sure what the setup is going to be and will eventually figure it out. I was really hoping to have more writers because it shouldn't just be my music style. Charleston music scene has a lot to offer and I'd really like people to hear more than just my opinion. So if you are at all interested in writing reviews or contributing, just write below or send a message to the facebook page.

SQUAREFEST

I'm going to be completely honest with you guys, I don't exactly remember all of it. I remember parts and I remember disappearing and going home to walk my dog so I'm not sure I caught as much of it as I should have. I will tell you about what I remember. Booze is the first thing I remember.  After that, music. After that, other unmentionable things. Coming back to music though, the first thing I remember is Tommy Gun Geisha. Always a good start to the day and a great way to have your first beer after a hard hangover. Hard-headed-rock-and-roll by soft-hearted-boys. As usual, they did not disappoint.

I then ran over to Indio Cigar Company to see Phil Riley again. My review from last night still stands. There is a video at the bottom of this blog for you to make up your own mind about him.

At this point, it was about 6:30 and my friends and I decided to eat and drink at Roc's so I missed a lot of the bands around that time. The next band I headed over to was Transatlantic at the Uptowner. If I remember correctly, it was a step back in time. It reminded me of a lot of the pop-punk bands I loved in 2005/2006 like The Junior Varsity, Taking Back Sunday, and Spitalfield. They had a lot of energy and were different from a lot of the bands at Squarefest. I then caught the first few songs of The Staff Blues. There is a link to one below which I thought was the dirtiest and sexiest of all that I heard.

After that, I ran over to see Iron Tigers. I refuse to review them because I'm obviously biased because of my connection with the band. I will say that I do love them regardless of my connection and will put up a link to their set later because am honestly too impatient to wait for it to upload.






Lastly, thank you Scott Chaplinski for another awesome Squarefest!

No comments:

Post a Comment