Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fools in April

I have been slacking at my job this week. I meant to get around to all the bars and venues to find out what was happening around town to let all you good people know. Since I didn't do my job, I'll just let you know of the few things I've heard about.

Friday, April 1

Position 12?  will be at Mac's Uptowner around 8pm with American Madness.
They are both hard rock and were featured last week at Squarefest. Unfortunately, I didn't make it so I can't review them. I would love for someone to give a review for me of that show. Below is a video of Position 12?

Phil Riley is going to be playing a show at Friends and Co. at 8pm. Rumor has it he will be playing with a full band. Phil has been reviewed in previous posts with videos included. Please check them out.

Also, don't forget tomorrow is April Fools day! Be on the lookout and try not to be too gullible!


Saturday, April 2

Road Song will be at Jackson Avenue Coffee starting at 8pm.
Road Song is comprised of male and female vocals with an acoustic guitar and bass. They will be doing originals with a few covers of the Beatles, Stones, Merle Haggard, Elvis and Bob Dylan. Start your evening out right with a good coffee to make sure you can enjoy the rest of the night.


Spread and Afternoon Mood will be featured at Friends beginning at 9pm for $3.
These jam bands are for our Woodchuckers. This begins the countdown to the Woodchuck Music Festival. Spread has been featured at Woodchuck before and this year will be Afternoon Moon's first show at Woodchuck so come show them your support and make them as excited for Woodchuck as we are!


Fifth World will be also playing at Mac's Uptower at 9pm for $2. 
Psychedelic, house, funk, Acid Jazz, Hip hop, and electronica. LIKE NOTHING YOU HAVE HEARD BEFORE. Only 2 dollar cover!
That description was just copied right off their facebook event page. 



Please check out all these videos or links below to listen to the bands before you go! Everyone have a good time this weekend and please review something for me!


http://www.archive.org/details/Afternoon_Moon2011-02-12.Afternoon_Moon_Live_at_Cabin_Fever_2011


http://www.myspace.com/fifthworldmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment